While the contents created by Phase Connect (herein referred to as "PC," "we" or "us" ) and its VTubers are protected by copyright laws and other applicable laws, we welcome the creation and use of user generated content or "derivative works." We have established a general guideline for fans to follow in order to create and use "derivative works" without having to request for permission or get into copyright/IP related trouble.
First and foremost, the terms "User Generated Content," "Derivative Works," "Fan Works," all refer to the same thing - creative ideas and contents that fans create based on the content that PC and its Vtubers create. Any work involving the use of our content as is or lacking creative input are not considered to be derivative works.
Please comply with the following guidelines regarding derivative works.
- Please be mindful of our VTubers, and refrain from creating fan works that may offend them or make them appear unpleasant.
- Please limit your creation of derivative works to a fan or hobby level. Do not use our content for business purposes.
- Clips, highlights or translations of our talents’ streams are encouraged. We reserve the right to request certain clips and videos to be removed at any time.
- Please comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including the terms and rules of any relevant platforms.
Please refrain from creating derivative works that:
- can be falsely represented as official, or can be misinterpreted or mistaken as official.
- are considered socially unacceptable.
- include matters pertaining to any particular ideology, belief, religion, or stance in politics.
- damage our image, or that of our VTubers or our content.
- damage a third party’s image, or violate their rights.
- we deem unsuitable.
These guidelines are subject to change without notice. Please make sure to check that you are follow the latest version of these guidelines at all times.